Waste and Recycling

Collection of waste & recyclable material is contracted to Perthwaste, who are responsible for all bin repairs & replacement. To visit their website, click here.

For any enquiries relating to collection or repair of existing bins please contact Perthwaste Customer Service on 9418 1315.

For any enquiries to replacement or additional bins please contact Mosman Park Customer Service on 9384 1633.

Each premises in the Town of Mosman Park is issued with two bins. The small 120 litre bin (small bin with a green lid) is the weekly general waste bin, while the 240 litre bin (larger bin with yellow lid) is the fortnightly recycling bin. The recycling bin is collected fortnightly on the same day as the general waste bin. 

What you can put in your green-lid rubbish bin:
  • Household rubbish
  • Food waste
  • Save all recyclables (see list below) for your recycling bin
What you can put in your yellow-lid recycling bin:
  • Aluminium cans
  • Cardboard, mixed paper and newspaper
  • Glass - bottles and jars only - lids removed/loose
  • Steel cans and aerosols - lids and caps removed/loose
  • Plastic containers - plastics 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 - lids and caps removed/loose
For more information on what plastics are included in the above list, please click here.
  • ​Ash or hot coals/embers
  • Asbestos and building materials
  • Herbicides/pesticides
  • Car batteries
  • Poisons/chemicals/solvents/acids
Be careful not to overload your bin, as it will not be picked up if it is too heavy or overflowing with rubbish.  Overfull bins are a health hazard that attract scavenging birds such as ravens and magpies.
Collection of Rubbish

To ensure your bins are collected, place them on the street verge by 7.00am approximately one metre from the kerb, but without obstructing the footpath. Only rubbish contained in the bins will be collected.

To view the scheduled waste collection for your street, consult your Community Calendar 2016 here.  

Hazardous Waste
The JFR (Jim) McGeough Resource Recovery Facility is a permanent Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) drop-off site, located on the corner of Brockway Road and Lemnos Street in Shenton Park.
  • Electronic waste - take to JFR (Jim) McGeough RRF
  • Household batteries – take to Council office or The Grove Library
  • Lead Acid batteries – take to JFR (Jim) McGeough RRF
  • Printer cartridges - take to JFR (Jim) McGeough RRF
  • Mobile phones – take to Council office or The Grove Library
  • Motor oil  - take to JFR (Jim) McGeough RRF 
  • Compact fluorescent globes and tubes - take to JFR (Jim) McGeough RRF
Bulk Waste and Green Waste Verge Collection
The Town of Mosman Park conducts Bulk Verge Waste collection several times each year, including both Green Waste and Mixed Waste (junk and prunings). To view the dates for the next Bulk Verge Waste collection, and to ensure your waste is collected, click here.  Residents wanting to purchase authorised Green Waste bags can contact the Town of Mosman Park, where the bags are available for purchase for $5.50 each and can be paid for and collected from the Town's Administration Centre.
Residents also have the option to take excess Green Waste to the JFR (Jim) McGeough RRF, located on the corner of Brockway Road and Lemnos Street in Shenton Park.
Waste Disposal Fees
Residents may dispose of excess rubbish at the JFR (Jim) McGeough Resource Recovery Facility , located on the corner of Brockway Road and Lemnos Street in Shenton Park. To visit the WMRC website, click here, or if you wish to view WMRC's current waste disposal fees, click here.
Conditions do apply and an entry pass is required. These conditions are noted on the entry pass which is available for pre-purchase from the Council Office at concession rates.  
JFR (Jim) McGeough Resource Recovery Facility Hours:
Monday to Friday - 7.30 am to 3.30pm
Saturday and Sunday - 10.00am to 1.00pm
Public Holidays - 7.30am to 1.00pm
Closed: Christmas Day, New Year's Day and Good Friday.
Telephone: (08) 9384 2544
Additional Rubbish Service
If you require additional bin services to your home or business the following charges can be added to your rates notice.
Additional 120L rubbish bin services are available at the cost of $382.00 (excl. GST) per annum on a pro-rata basis for rateable properties or charged at $425.00 (excl. GST) per annum on a pro-rata basis for non-rateable properties.
Additional 240L recycle bin services are available free of charge.
Please complete the following Additional Rubbish Service Request form if you would like an additional bin.
Aged Persons and the Disabled
Aged persons and disabled persons who have difficulty placing the bins on the verge on collection day should contact the Town Administration Centre on (08) 9384 1633 or email admin@mosmanpark.wa.gov.au  An officer will then visit your property to assess the problem and advise of a mutually acceptable solution.  Council offers a 'GOFA' service, whereby a representative from PerthWaste can help you to bring your bin out for collection and return it for you on rubbish day.  To download an application for this service click here.
Ownership of Bins
The bins are the property of Perthwaste.
Your bins have serial numbers stamped on them and these numbers have been recorded against your property.
The bin must remain at the property to which they are delivered.
Rubbish on Nature Strips
Garden refuse, tree cuttings, building materials and any rubbish not in a bin should not be stored on the nature strip. A litter infringement may be issued to those found in contravention of this Local Law.  Council provides verge collections throughout the year for green waste and bulk rubbish. Click here to see dates and more detailed information.
Waterwise council

National Relay Service

People who are deaf or have a hearing or speech impairment can call the Town of Mosman Park through the National Relay Service.

Find out more ...

Solar Power at the Administration

The Town of Mosman Park has installed solar panels (photo voltaic cells) on the roof of the Administration building. We’re producing power and reducing carbon emissions.

Find out how much ...