This website may not work correctly in Internet Explorer. We recommend switching to a more secure modern web browser such as Microsoft Edge which is already installed on your computer.

View this website in Edge.

FOGO in Mosman Park

All your FOGO questions answered here

Community safety takes all of us

Report anti-social and disruptive behaviour online with the Town and Department of Communities here. For police presence call 131 444.

Underground Power Project update

What's the latest and next steps

State Development Assessment Unit

The State Government has introduced a new development application process for significant projects as part of the COVID-19 economic recovery plans.

Part 17 of the Planning and Development Act 2005 (the Act) has been temporarily established by the Western Australian Planning Commission (the WAPC) as the new decision making authority for applications for significant development. A ‘significant’ development means any proposal (except for a warehouse) with an estimated cost of $20 million or more.

Under these changes, developments that are defined as ‘significant’ can be submitted to the WAPC via the State Development Assessment Unit (SDAU) for approval, instead of being lodged with the local government for assessment and consideration by a Joint Development Assessment Panel (DAP).

It is intended that the SDAU will remain in place for 18 months from July 2020.

Current Applications

Currently advertised proposals can be found here.

How Can I Have My Say?

All community consultation in relation to development applications considered by the SDAU will be undertaken by the State Government and your comments must be directed to the SDAU directly via

For further information, please contact the DPLH on 6551 9450 or

What is the Town’s Role?

As part of the assessment of a development application by the SDAU, the Town has 42 days in which to submit information, comment or recommend conditions pertinent to the application. Such applications will be presented to the first available Ordinary Council Meeting so that a formal response can be provided within the specified timeframe.


Further information in relation to the SDAU can be found on the Department of Planning, Lands and Heritage website.