This website may not work correctly in Internet Explorer. We recommend switching to a more secure modern web browser such as Microsoft Edge which is already installed on your computer.

View this website in Edge.

Good to FOGO!

A better bin system is coming to Mosman Park

Development application forms

All applications must be submitted electronically to

Application for Development Approval

Please remember to complete and include the applicable planning application checklist with your application package.

Certain types of development are exempt from requiring development approval under clause 61 of the Deemed Provisions. These exemptions include the construction of a new single house, or additions and/or alterations to an existing single house that meet all of the applicable ‘deemed-to-comply’ criteria of the R-Codes – Volume 1 and any relevant local planning policy.

The deemed-to-comply check pathway allows people who are intending to build a new single house or extend/alter an existing dwelling to have certainty regarding what approvals are required and, if any major issues are identified with the proposal this allows for an opportunity to revise your plans before lodging a formal application.

Your deemed-to-comply check application can be submitted to the Town by emailing a completed application form (see below) and providing all other required information to A fee of $295 is payable at the time of lodgement.

Upon lodgement of the application, the Town will determine if all necessary information has been provided and if so the Town will contact you for payment and advise that your application has been formally accepted. The Town will provide you with the outcome of your Deemed to Comply Check within 14 days of formally accepting the application. Should the Town require additional information in order to complete a full assessment a Planning Officer will contact you.

Application for Advice (Deemed-to-Comply Check)


Amend an existing approval

If you have already received an approval issued by the Town and you want to alter an aspect of the approved plans, use the following form to apply to amend your existing approval. Under clause 77 of Schedule 2, Part 9 of the Planning and Development (Local Planning Schemes) Regulations 2015, an owner may submit an application to the Town to amend a development approval to do any or all of the following:

1. Amend the approval to extend the period within which any development approved must be substantially commenced;
2. Amend or delete any condition to which the approval is subject;
3. Amend an aspect of the development approval which, if approved, would not substantially change the development approved (i.e. no new variations, or changes that exacerbate an existing variation);
4. Cancel the approval.

The fee to amend and existing approval is $295.

Application to amend a Development Approval

Non-standard Development Assessment Pathways

Joint Development Assessment Panel

The purpose of JDAPs is to determine the higher value development applications in place of Local Governments. If your project is valued more than $2 million, and is not excluded from this pathway, a panel of 3 industry experts and 2 local Councillors can determine your application in place of a full Council meeting or Delegated Officer.

For more information please visit our Development Assessment Panels page.

Works on Crown Land

If your project is located on a Crown Reserve a Metropolitan Region Scheme application form must be included with your application.

Application Form

Works within the Swan-Canning Development Control Area

If your project is located within the Swan-Canning Development Control Area this form must be included with your application.

Application Form


Town of Mosman Park Fee Calculator

Town of Mosman Park Schedule of Fees and Charges

Development Assessment Panel Fees and Charges