In early 2017, Honey Real Estate Pty Ltd (the owner operators of Mosmans Restaurant on Johnson Parade) made an application for redevelopment and expansion of the current restaurant, short stay accommodation and private boat pens.
As the facility is within the Swan Canning Development Control Area, the planning decision maker in this case is the Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions – Parks and Wildlife Service .
The proposal includes:
- Demolition and removal of all current structures.
- Construction of a two storey structure, featuring
- an accommodation component , that can be configured as six three-bedroom units or 18 single bedroom units, or a mix of both;
- a 460 square metre restaurant (including back of house facilities), catering for up to 250 patrons, on the lower level
- a 560 square metre function room (including BOH), catering for between 175-250 patrons, on the upper level
- Replacement of the existing boat pens
- An increase in the river lease from 3376 square metres to 3710 square metres
The application was considered by Council during its 17 October 2017 Ordinary Meeting. Please refer to the attached report.
The full report of the Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions can be found on their website.
Final approval was granted by Environment Minister, Stephen Dawson on the 9 November 2018. An announcement about the approval can be found at on the State Government Media Announcements site.
The Town’s statement on the approval can be found here.