Our Skate Park - Have Your Say
When: Sunday, 18 March 2018 6:00pm to 7:00pm
The carpark in McCabe St has been the skateboarding hub of Mosman Park since the mid-1970s. Over time, improvements have been made in line with the needs of local skaters including construction of the existing bowl in 1997 and replacement of the metal ramps with concrete ramps and other elements in 2013. In late 2016 skate park users expressed concern with the condition of the bowl, competing demand from skateboard and scooter users, and the broad range in age and skill level using the limited space available.
During 2017 the Town consulted with local skaters who worked together with skate professionals to prepare a draft Concept Design for improvements to the skate park to address these issues.
This design increases the size of the skate park significantly in response to user demand and creates two distinct areas by retaining the existing facilities with the exception of the aged bowl. This provides opportunities for a broader range of ages to utilise the park at any time and will ease congestion and conflict between skateboard and scooter users. Other improvements include provision of shade, wifi and lighting at the skate park.
The project as detailed above is estimated to cost between $500,000 - $600,000 and is subject to securing external funding. Council would like to hear your views on the proposed design and location of the skate park as we explore these funding options. We have a number of information sessions planned over the coming weeks to enable local residents and skate park users to hear more about the project and ask questions before submitting feedback.
Consultation opens on Sunday 18 March and all submissions must be received by close of business Monday 23 April 2018. If you are unable to attend an information session and would like further information or to provide feedback on the project please contact the Community Development Officer on 9384 1633 or email email@example.com.
Community Information Sessions
- Sunday 18 March 1.30pm to 5pm at McCabe St Skate Park
- Sunday 18 March 6pm to 7pm at the Town of Mosman Park Administration Centre (Open to General Public - Please RSVP)
- Thursday 22 March 5pm to 6.30pm at McCabe St Skate Park
- Thursday 22 March 7pm to 8pm at the Mosman Park Community Men's Shed (Open to Members of Clubs and Groups utilising Tom Perrott Reserve - Please RSVP)
- Sunday 25 March 12pm to 5pm at the Mosman Park Community Fair, Mann Oval
- Friday 20 April 5pm to 8pm at the Youth Week Music Event, Memorial Hall