What Goes in Which Bin?

By now, all properties in Mosman Park will have a red-lidded regular waste bin and a yellow-lidded recycling bin.  

For larger properties (400m² or larger), they also have a lime green-lidded bin for green waste.

What rubbish goes in which bin?

In your red bin:

  • food waste
  • non-recyclable materials
  • green waste (for properties that do NOT have a lime green-lidded green waste bin)

**please note that the Town will conduct a bulk waste collection of both green waste as well as junk and appliances, beginning Monday 14 October.  For details click here

In your yellow bin

  • Recyclable materials including paper and cardboard, steel and aluminium cans (rinsed out), plastic bottles (rinsed out, with lids removed - lids go in your regular waste bin) and glass.

When does which bin get collected?

For a full, comprehensive guide to how the introduction of the three-bin system will affect you and your property, click here.

For answers to your most Frequently Asked Questions about the new service, click here.

← More news articles

National Relay Service

People who are deaf or have a hearing or speech impairment can call the Town of Mosman Park through the National Relay Service.

Find out more ...

Solar Power at the Administration

The Town of Mosman Park has installed solar panels (photo voltaic cells) on the roof of the Administration building. We’re producing power and reducing carbon emissions.

Find out how much ...