Underground power remains firmly on Council’s radar and we plan to do the best we can to provide this to every Mosman Park household.
As at 30 June 2022
- The Town is awaiting the final structure and timing of future funding model/s by the State Government and Western Power.
- The future funding model (to be driven by Western Power) is likely to be different from past models and will prioritise infrastructure funding based on network condition.
- It is likely Western Power will determine the nominated project areas and their delivery times. This will be guided by Western Power’s infrastructure priorities.
- As soon as details of this information are released, we will provide an update here.
- The timing of an announcement by Western Power will largely influence the process moving forward for the Town.
- Western Power will announce the future funding model to Local Governments, including guidance on renewal project areas across the Town of Mosman Park. This announcement may happen between mid to late 2022.
- The Town will receive guidance on timing and forecasted capital contribution by Western Power and the State Government [if applicable].
- The Town will work with its consultants on feasibility modelling to guide potential contributions by the Town and residents.
- Community engagement will take place and include a review of funding models and the program.
Together with our Underground Power Advisory Group, the Town will keep working with State Government entities and Western Power to seek more info about the upcoming funding process and selection criteria.
Community engagement will take place prior to any decisions being made by Council. Please phone our Customer Service team on 9383 6600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you prefer to speak to someone in person.