Marketing and Communications Advisor
- Date posted:
- 20 March 2020
- Closing date:
- 3 April 2020
The Town of Mosman Park is a vibrant, flexible and supportive workplace. We are a small Local Government that has a positive team environment focussed on enhancing the lives of all who live, work, study, run businesses or own properties in our Town as well as those who visit here. The Town provides its employees with generous employment conditions and highly desirable lifestyle benefits including:
- Entitlements: 17.5% leave loading, 2 extra days of leave each year
- Additional superannuation (subject to individual contribution)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Professional development opportunities
- Wellness programs, including an Employee Assistance Program
- Free parking, and close to public transport
Mosman Park is located along Stirling Highway approximately 14 kilometres from Perth and 3 kilometres from Fremantle. It is bordered by the suburbs of Cottesloe, Peppermint Grove and North Fremantle and is unique in having the Indian Ocean on its western boundary and the beautiful shores of the Swan River as its eastern boundary.
- Permanent, part time (0.6FTE)
Do you possess excitement, energy and passion for Marketing and Communications?
As the Marketing and Communications Advisor for the Town of Mosman Park, you will lead and assist in the management of the Town’s reputation and ensure key stakeholders, residents and ratepayers are provided with accurate, timely and pertinent information about the Town’s facilities, services, events, promotions, and initiatives in a way that enhances the reputation of the Town.
This position is vital in the collaboration and contribution with a range of internal stakeholders to influence a range of audiences in line with the Town's communications goals by providing advice and support in managing important issues that may be contentious or complex.
The successful applicant will possess;
- A degree relevant to this position.
- Extensive experience in a senior media and communications role.
- Superior written and verbal communications skills.
- High-level ability to develop, implement and review communications strategy, branding guidelines, communications planning, strategic management initiatives and related policy development.
- Outstanding influencing skills including writing, spoken, presentation and responses to complex or contentious issues.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with social media platforms.
Salary Range: $79,498 - $95,007 per annum pro rata (dependant on skills and experience)
Information: Please contact Human Resources on 9383 6600
How to Apply: Please read the position description and Capabilities and Competencies available via our website at www.mosmanpark.wa.gov.au for a full understanding of the role before applying.
Applicants are expected to address the Capabilities and Competencies within their application and must answer (in 200 words or less) the following question:
Why do you want to work for us and what is you major strength that you believe you could bring to this position?
Complete applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Close Date: 5pm Friday 3 April 2020
The Town reserves the right to commence recruitment prior to this date.
Applicants are required to demonstrate a commitment to the Town of Mosman Park’s ACE values of Accountability, Connection and Excellence.
The Town of Mosman Park has an inclusive working environment with employees from a variety of backgrounds. We acknowledge that diversity in the workforce, increases the effectiveness of teams. We welcome applications from Indigenous people, workers of all ages, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.