Learn more about the key decisions at the Ordinary Council Meeting on 25 May.
- Council considered and approved three Audit reports: the Audit Log, Office of the Audit General Reports and an update on the review and development of the Risk Management function.
- Council approved two new media policies: 1. Media Spokesperson Policy and 2. Social Media for Councillors. These policies provide a framework for Councillors when engaging and interacting professionally and respectfully in the public domain.
- The 2021/22 Operating and Capital Budget for the Grove Library was approved by Council. For further information, please see the report (item 14.1).
- Council gave the green light to extend the Verge Valet collection service trial for 12 months. This extension will enable the Town to continue collecting data such as cost analysis and resident feedback before entering into a long-term agreement with WMRC.
- Council passed item 14.2 School Chaplain Funding. This report sought Council’s approval to consider the request to donate $8,000 to the Shenton YouthCARE Council for Chaplain programs at Mosman Park Primary School, Mosman Park School for Deaf Children and Shenton College – as part of the 2021/22 Budget process.