Over 1,200 dogs are registered with the Town of Mosman Park, so it’s fair to say they’re a much-loved part of our community.
The Town of Mosman Park Local Law relating to dogs allows you to keep no more than two dogs over the age of three months.Under the Western Australian Dog Act 1976, all domestic dogs three months and older are legally required to:
- be microchipped
- be registered with a Local Council within Western Australia
- wear a registration tag, issued by the local government where the dog was registered.
Important to note:
- The cost of registration varies between sterilised and unsterilised animals, and the options for registration are one or three years or a lifetime registration
- When a dog is sold, re-homed, lost/stolen or deceased or moves to another house with its family outside of the Town of Mosman Park, it is the registered owner’s responsibility to advise the Town of the change in the dog’s situation within 28 days. Download the Update of Animal Ownership form here and send it back to us.
- It is the dog owner’s responsibility to ensure that the dog registration remains valid
- Under the Dog Amendment Regulations 2017 (amendments to Dog Regulations 2013), refunds are available to dog owners who have registered their dogs before they were sterilised. Contact us to arrange a refund.