This website may not work correctly in Internet Explorer. We recommend switching to a more secure modern web browser such as Microsoft Edge which is already installed on your computer.

View this website in Edge.

Your Town, Your Say

Get involved in our latest engagement projects on Your Say and help shape the future of Mosman Park.

Making a noise complaint

If you are experiencing difficulties with a noisy neighbour, the Town strongly recommends that you approach them in a calm and diplomatic manner first, with the hope of coming to a quick resolution.

If after speaking with your neighbour you are still experiencing difficulties, there are a few steps that you can take:

  • if the noise is a continual issue, notify the Town in writing using the Noise Complaint Form
  • Our Environmental Health Officer will follow up on your complaint in order of priority under the Environmental Protection (Noise) Regulations 1997, which sets prescribed standards and defines procedures and penalties if these standards are exceeded.
  • Please ensure that you include as much detail as possible including addresses, telephone contact numbers, type and frequency of the noise; any actions you have taken thus far; and how the noise is affecting you.

The Town will not be able to pursue any noise complaint made unless it is submitted in writing.