COVID-19 Information Updates

Phase 4 easing of restrictions will commence on 27 June 2020. The Town is reviewing how best to do this in Mosman Park. Some community areas require detailed review before decisions can be made. This is for health, safety and legal reasons. Click this banner for categories with questions and answers. For the most current information, visit
And don't forget to complete the Community Resilience Scorecard! State and Local Governments are working together to map community resilience and priorities to help local communities like ours to recover and thrive following the COVID-19 outbreak.
Complete the Community Resilience Scorecard by Friday July 3. Visit


Food Safety and Information for Food Businesses

The Town of Mosman Park aims to ensure the sale of safe and suitable food by all food businesses within the Town. The Town's Environmental Health Services works with food businesses to achieve the best possible food safety outcomes for residents and visitors.  The Town’s Environmental Health Services undertake routine risk assessments of food businesses within the Town investigate complaints of food poisoning or contaminated food and provide advice on matters such as kitchen design and food hygiene.

New Food Businesses & Refurbishing a Food Business

If you intend to open a new food business or refurbish and existing food business within the Town of Mosman Park you must obtain all the relevant approvals such as planning approval, building permits and environmental health approval.

Food businesses are required to comply with the Food Act 2008, Food Regulations 2009 and the Australia New Zealand Food Standards Code, specifically Chapter 3 of the Food Standards of the Code. Further guidance in relation to the fit out and operational requirements of a food business can be found on the Safe Food Australia website, published by the Food Standards Australia & New Zealand (FSANZ).  It is highly recommended that you seek the advice from the Town Senior Environmental Health Officer before submitting any applications. Download the Food Business Registration and Notification form. An application fee applies, along with an annual risk assessment fee.

Buying an Established Food Business

If you are buying a food business, you must notify the Town by completing the Food Business Transfer Form and the Food Business Registration and Notification form (a transfer fee applies).  Should you wish to obtain information on a food business you are looking to purchase, such as outstanding fees or whether there are any health notices, you must submit a Food Business Health Orders Enquiry Request, through your settlement agent.

Residential Food Preparation

The Food Act 2008 permits a food business to prepare foods and conduct food activities of a low risk nature in residential premises.  Examples of low risk food activities are cake decorating, jams, pickles, biscuits, baked goods (without cream), food for bed and breakfasts or food for community or charitable purposes.  If you wish to sell food prepared at home, you must first obtain a home occupation approval from the Town’s Planning Services. The Town’s Planning Services can be contacted on 9384 1633 for further information on this process.  

Following Planning Approval, you will need to complete the Residential Food Business Application Form and the Food Business Registration and Notification Form.  The Town’s Guidelines for Operating a Residential Food Business provides information on the requirements for a residential food business or you can contact the Town’s Environmental Health Services on 9383 6600.

Temporary Food Stalls

Temporary food businesses such as food stalls and food vehicles trading at events within the Town, must obtain a food stall permit. To apply, please submit a Notification of a temporary food premises form. An application fee applies, unless the organisation is a charity or fundraising group. All commercial businesses are required to submit a Certificate of Registration of a Food Business from their relevant Council (i.e. where you are doing food preparation or storing equipment or food products, or where your food vehicle is garaged). You will also be required to submit proof of public liability insurance of not less than $10 million for any events that are on Council land.  All applications must be submitted to the Town at 4 weeks prior to the event.

All food stalls conducted within the Town of Mosman Park are required to comply with the Town’s Temporary Food Stall Guidelines.

Trading in Public Places

If you wish to set up a business trading in a public place or thoroughfare, you will need to seek Council approval. Applications for food businesses wishing to trade in public places within the Town of Mosman Park will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Applicants will need to complete and submit an Application for a Traders Permit, pay the required application fee, and if registered under a different local government, must provide a copy of the up-to-date Food Business Registration Certificate.

Food Safety Information & Training

The Town is pleased to provide you with FREE and unlimited access to an exciting new product that will assist you and your food handlers in gaining valuable skills and knowledge in food safety and hygiene. This will help to ensure that only safe and suitable food is produced at your food business.  The I'm Alert Food Safety Training Program is presented in an interactive, easy to follow format and includes the ability for the user to print off an acknowledgement form and a certificate upon completion of the program that can be kept as a part of your staff records.  This training program will assist food business managers in ensuring all staff are trained in this important area and thereby reducing the risk of food borne illness resulting from poor food handling practices.
It is recommended that all food handlers within your food business take part in this training. This is a great opportunity to provide all your staff with training that would otherwise cost your business more in staff time and money.

Visit to access the training now.

Food Complaints

Any food safety or hygiene issues or concerns that you have regarding food businesses, food handlers or food products should be reported to the Town’s Environmental Health Officer, who will investigate your complaint.  If you have an issue or complaint with regard to a food product you have purchased or consumed from a food business within Mosman Park, please try to keep a remaining portion in a sealed container in your refrigerator so that it can be used as evidence for the Town’s investigations.

The Town recommends that you seek advice from your doctor for any suspected food-borne illness, as it will help to identify the bacteria that has caused your illness and assist in narrowing down the type of food that may have caused your illness.

National Relay Service

People who are deaf or have a hearing or speech impairment can call the Town of Mosman Park through the National Relay Service.

Find out more ...

Solar Power at the Administration

The Town of Mosman Park has installed solar panels (photo voltaic cells) on the roof of the Administration building. We’re producing power and reducing carbon emissions.

Find out how much ...