The Town’s Rangers are required to ensure that the provisions of the Litter Act are complied with to maintain the cleanliness of the Town. Rangers respond to reports of illegal dumping of rubbish or littering and may impose on-the-spot fines for breaches of the Litter Act.
Help us to keep our Town tidy:
- Deposit litter in proper refuse bins and receptacles for litter.
- Ensure your rubbish bin lids are kept closed and that your bins are not over loaded.
- Do not deposit commercial or domestic refuse in public litter bins.
- Secure and cover loads on trailers, utilities, and open trucks properly.
- Do not deposit refuse in bushland or parks.
- Do not allow building site refuse to adversely affect neighbours.
- Return shopping trolleys to the store and do not abandon them in streets or parks.
- Report any instances of illegal dumping or littering that you see.
- Excess litter and recycables can be taken to West Metro Recycling Centre.
Reporting of littering requires such information as the date, time and location of the alleged offence and a description of the person and/or vehicle involved.
Registering as a Litter Reporter with Keep Australia Beautiful Council is an excellent way of helping to keep the Town free from litter. Once a report is made, it can result in a warning letter or a fine being issued to the person responsible for the litter.
Visit Keep Australia Beautiful WA website.
Visit Western Metropolitan Regional Council website.